December 30, 2012

December Kit by Margrethe Aas Johnsen

Hello, everyone!

It's the day before New Year's Eve, and I'm here to bring you the last few projects I made using the December kits from Studio Calico.

I'd like to start off with a layout with a photo of what greeted me when I came home one day. My husband loves his motorcycles and this year, since we've moved into a new house and he wants to take really good care of them, he carefully moved his favorite bike into his little den on the first floor...



On this layout I used the gold glitter paper to cut out a title using my Silhouette. The font is called Nova Solid.

The second layout is a scraplift of Tina Azimus' layout by the same title. I really like doing layouts like this to pick some of the highlights of the year that's passed and since today is the second to last day of the year, I thought this was appropriate.

On this layout, I've included photos from the entire year: My in-laws' 50th birthday party, when I was offered a permanent teaching position, the trip we took on the motorcycle last summer, his sister's wedding, my trip to Krakow, my friend's wedding, our cats and general everyday photos.



My last project is a card lift. I really loved the card Emily Pitts made for Simple Stories and wanted to make something similar. For this card I used the Murray Hill add-on (B-side of the camera paper from KI Memories, as well as the alphabet stickers and fantastic smile washin tape from the same brand).
Normally I'm not a card maker, but simple cards like this works for me!

That's it from me for this time. I've loved this chance of working with the gorgeous Studio Calico kits for Scrappin Studio. Jaime, thanks for having me guest twices this year. It's been an absolute pleasure!

To the readers out there, I hope you've enjoyed looking at my projects. I wish you all the best for the rest of 2012 and I hope 2013 will be an amazing year for you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like all of these, especially the card.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are fantastic!!! Happy new year!! :D

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

so pretty and I;m loving the simple card!!

Josie said...

Love them all :)